Monday, April 11, 2005

A Mishmash of Related Odds and Ends

Yikes. I have to stop using titles that are at best oxymoronic, at worst plain rubbish.

Here's something to be glad about. I mean at least they are giving considerable printspace to discussing Literature - something I can safely say we will never see here. Not in the next century or so anyway.

But halt! not so fast... The gloom creeps ever closer even as the clouds clear: Against National Poetry Month As Such
Honestly, though, I don't know what to make of that article. It's one of those things that could sway either way, like a buoy in choppy waters.

Since I've used quite a bad metaphor (ok, it's downright lousy to the core), here's a bit about metaphor use in The Great Gatsby for your consideration of who's the bigger culprit of careless language massacre (yet another puzzling expression... "careless massacre"?? What is wrong with me today?!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home